We are a progressive law firm serving clients throughout the Columbia-Shuswap region in the areas of business law, estate planning and administration, real estate, and family law. Our practice is growing, and we offer a friendly, flexible, and supportive work environment.
We are looking for an experienced solicitor to join our team, preferably someone with corporate, business, and/or real estate development experience. As we are a small general practice, lawyers in our firm must be willing or able to practice in multiple areas as needed. Our priority is finding a someone who enjoys small town life and fits well with our culture of using processes and technology to drive value for our clients (while increasing job satisfaction for our team). We rarely work more than 40 hours a week, and the quality of life in our community is extremely high.
- Progressive: you have a demonstrated history of rethinking both how you work and are committed to improving the client’s experience in the practice of law. You are not content with the billable hour status quo of the legal industry.
- Value oriented: you are focused on resolving matters in alignment with our firm values and with our client goals as the top priority. You believe the client is the expert of their own life and experience.
- Initiative: you are committed to improving our firm as a whole by working collaboratively, and making suggestions for process improvements, identifying where you can assist, and taking action.
- Resilient: you able to adjust to changing priorities and adapt your practices based on feedback from clients, colleagues, and stakeholders.
- Enjoys People: you are a natural relationship builder, excited about helping our clients through complicated times in their lives and have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Member of Law Society of BC or eligible to become one
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite
- Comfortable with technology and working in a primarily paperless (cloud based) environment.
- Start Date: Applications will be considered and interviewed on a rolling basis up to August 1. Start date is negotiable provided it is no later than October 1, 2022.
- Location: Revelstoke, with the option of Golden or Salmon Arm in a new satellite office. Willing to consider remote work proposals on a case-by-case basis. Preference may be given to those with connections to the Columbia-Shuswap or a demonstrated interest in living in a mountain town.
- Compensation: Negotiable as to structure and based on experience; benefits program.
- Position Type: Employee or contractor, with transition to partnership possible.
- How to apply: Send a cover letter and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org